Tuesday, May 31, 2005

New Stylish Blog

Well I just put in a couple hours on this blog template and I like what I've done! I made the "alphageek" logo on a pretty cool website: typoGenerator. You just type in a word and it randomly generates a logo. Another cool site I found was ACME Label Maker which allows you to make labels from a bunch of nice fonts. I think the best find of the day, however, was the Mandarin Design page which is full of amazing CSS tricks. People who change their blog templates every other week (Dana) should definately check this site out!

In other news, I am having a great time at work lately. Although this is the exact same research position as last summer, I seem to be much more relaxed and carefree this time around. I think its a combination of being more comfortable with the lab equipment and staff, as well as not being in the process of applying for med school and not wanting to screw up letters of recommendation :)

...in other news
I am having a great time
at work lately...
Either way, I'm having a great time in the lab: getting lots of experiments done while still being able to chat and crack jokes with my co-workers. Our lab is investigating the cell-signalling involved in the FliC (a protein from
E. coli which makes up its flagella/tail) and human TLR5 (a cell receptor in the gut which recognizes the tails of bacteria and then causes inflammation) interaction. I get to play with all sorts of cool equipment including fully mechanized fluorescence microscopes, digital cameras which cost 1/4 million dollars, -80 degree freezers, tons and tons of E. coli, human cancer cell lines, insect cell lines, and all of the protein/DNA purification you can shake a hat at.

Well thats all for now, hopefully it will stop raining soon!

3 comments:

Geo said...

Wow, nice new template. It's good to see that you are living up to your name, you geek. :)

Anonymous said...

You should spend some time looking for "scholarships and bursaries"!! That might pay!!

Laurent said...

Thanks for the links !!!
(dunno yet if i'll really use the features, but thanks anyway)